Grand Cinemas Opening in Kuwait

Well, a reader of our blog sent us some information that Grand Cinemas will be opening in August 2011 in Al-Hamra tower !!! Grand cinams are open in UAE and Lebanon.

end of a monopoly??

Links:

Link1

Link2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. like you mean a competition to Cinescape???

avatarMarch 2nd, 2011 at 20:53
    His Reply:

2. i hope so !!!

3. avatar Fawaz says:

Hey, him
    I been a reader of your blog for almost 9 months now and. Really enjoy it.

Lol what monopoly!? Seriously? The cheap tickets? The best refreshments and the latest movies is out a day after the US?

If you think the scene cutting and the ban of some movies ipwas done by cinescape you are totally wrong, its all in ministry’s hands and i assure you the same movies and the same cut scenes will be applied to grand cinemas

I seriously dont know what cinescape is monopolizing thet are doing an awesome job

avatarMarch 3rd, 2011 at 14:35
    His Reply:

Hello Fawaz,

Glad to know you read our blog and we are honored to have you as a reader :)
    As a monopoly, Cinascape is the only Cinema company in Kuwait this means it is a Monopoly. This mens the customer does not have a choice one where to go to see a movie.

Secondly, I know exactly that censoring and banning is not Cinascape problem and I know it will happen with any other company that will open in the future.

Now talking about refreshments, I have been to cinemas around the world and sorry but cinascape does not come near any of those when it comes to refreshments.

Cheap tickets? I used to pay 15 KD for unlimited access of movies in one month back in the UK. As for movies, yes some movies are a day after the US (sometimes a day before them). However, many movies are months late. I have movies on DVD that are still in the coming soon page at kncc.

In any market competition means better offers for us the customers. If KNCC can handle competition and provide Good movies, Good cinemas, good prices and good refreshments, then it wont be affected. For now we don’t have another company to compare KNCC with.

Sorry for the long reply :P and thanks for your comment :)

avatarMarch 12th, 2011 at 15:57
    eB6ainiya Blog Reply:

Hello His,

I totally agree with Fawaz on this one .. I think Cinescape is having their best years ever! We’re getting new movies the same time as the U.S especially with blockbusters .. Look at U.K movies right now and you’ll know what I mean! as for the price .. People complain about everything .. what’s wrong with the ticket price? cheaper than U.K (12.5 Pounds – just came from London) and Dubai! even U.S theaters is rising their tickets each year! The only missing thing we have here is a better concessions and better food selections because what we have right now is horrible compared to other cinemas

4. avatar abdullah says:

YOU ARE WELCOME :) Its a big company not only in leb but also in uae & jordan !
    i talked to the cinema manger myself and he told me they will open it as soon as possible ! around august-september …i advise you to follow them on facebook ! u can ask them anything ! i really cant wait …

infos that i know : it has 9 screens + 3D IMAX + AMAZING CAFETERIA [Cheese popcorn , and new snacks ] i think cheeper tickets price & finally and age rating !!!

i am 100% sure of these information’s :-)

5. avatar abdullah says:

here’s a nice pic that i found on their website [pay attention it says soon in kw in the bottom ] :)

[Reply]

6. 5abar elmawsem etha sij…. Kwt Cinema has enjoyed its monopoly since like 1956 or something… That’s a really long time.

I don’t see Cinescape as having good service, and I’m not even going to think about great service.

Because they’re the sole provider in the movie business, with no competition (weak or strong); they don’t have a reason whatsoever to provide better services or customer care.

It’s exactly like Zain just before Wa6aniya Telecom came in the market. Look at Zain now, and how advanced (and reasonably priced) their services are.

Like I said, it would be 5abar elmawsem if true. And I hope Grand Cinemas offers better service :)

[Reply]

7. This is good news :) I still miss seeing the entire movie in the US. I know, I know, if I don’t like it in Kuwait then go home…But I love living in Kuwait, I just miss seeing the whole damn movie. ;P

8. avatar abdullah says:

1000 000% true :) be happy its true .
    links to be more sure :

oh and i asked grand cinemas personally on facebook this is what they told me :
    ME : is it sure that u will open Soon in Kuwait? Oh my god, i really cannot wait !!
    GRAND CINEMAS : Abdullah, it’s just 6 more months ;) ME: REALLY ? like when august ?please tell me anything you know ! i am dying for information’s !
    GRAND CINEMAS : yea it’s around August- September. We’ll make our utmost to open it the soonest possible :grin:

9. avatar abdullah says:

oh sorry i am annoying lol but if you want to ask them anything heres the link on facebook :
    AND this is their official website :

NOTE: They are open in Lebanon, UAE & Jordan / Soon in : Kuwait & Syria ! :D

10. avatar edwin says:

this good news grand cinema coming kuwait and fight to cinescape…best of luck grand cinema

11. avatar edwin says:

good news welcome to new grand cinema in kuwait

12. avatar alex says:

I hope so GRAND cinema will give us good service .

13. avatar Boombox3d says:

hi…i have been working ng KNCC cinescape for almost 5years long and i know some of the patterns they have done especially in the films. I was assigned before in the Filmroom for a several months and observe how the procedure of filmcutting from sensor. In your case, what are the procedure you do to make the films better?For example, aside from sensor cutting, some scene or some selected scene are cut personally according to the information gave by the people from the office and inform the staff to cut it eventhough it is not removed by the sensor.

My last question is, if some staff from KNCC cinescape are applying in your company, like concession staffs, ushers, and projectionists…are you willing to accept them without hesitations? I hope you could give me a feedback co’z i can’t wait working with you if in case. I’d love to share my knowledge in any ways. Thanks and more power.

14. avatar Buabdullah says:

I AM VERY HAPPY TO SEE A NEW CINEMA COMPANY IN KUWAIT.

HOWEVER, I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH GRAND CINEMA ALHAMRA.

- I ATTENDED 2 FILMS, NONE STARTED NORMALLY, THEY ALL HAD GLITCHES, AND WE HAD TO GO OUT AND CALL PEOPLE TO FIX IT.

- THERE IS NO TRASH BINS TO THROW YOUR RUBBISH AFTER YOUR DONE, AS IF THEY PROMOTE PEOPLE AND KIDS TO THROW RUBBISH ON THE FLOOR AND IN THEATERS, SUCH A BAD MENTALITY FOR OUR SOCIETY. IN DUBAI YOU CAN T THROW YOUR RUBBISH IN CINEMAS ANYMORE… BY LAW.

- THE KIOSK DOES NOT WORK… YET!

- MOVIE TIMES ARE DIFFERENT THAN THE SCREEN. FOR EXAMPLE I WAS IN THE CINEMA AT 3PM, AND ON THE SCREEN IT SAID (007) WAS SHOWING AT 4PM 415 5PM… ETC. WHEN I WENT TO PAY I ASKED THE TICKET LADY IF THEY HAD A SHOW AT 3PM…. AND SHE SAID “YES”, “IT WILL START IN 5 MINUTES” !!!! SO I BOOKED THAT.

- THE MOVIE FLIGHT WAS ON, THEN TAKEN OFF, THEN BACK ON, DUE TO TECHNICAL ISSUES…. SUCH A MESS IN SCHEDULING!!!

-AND THE HOTDOGS ARE HORRIBLE…. THE TINYWINI HOTDOG IS SOOOO SMALL.

ITS NICE TO HAVE COMPETITION, BUT GUYS…. BE PREPARED, THE CINEMA, IS NOT YET READY…. AS IF THEY REALLY DONT CARE ABOUT THE IMAGE… TAKE UR NACHO GIVE US UR MONEY… AND GET OFF OUR FACE??? THATS HOW IT FEELS.

I HOPE IT CHANGES…. BUT I HAVE TO SAY… KNCC IS MORE ORGANIZED… MUCH MORE.

BUT GOOD LUCK, AND LETS SEE IF THEY CHANGE TO THE BETTER.
    OR IF A NEW CINEMA COMPANY WILL COME INTO THE MARKET.